“As members, we serve as contemporary art ambassadors of our generation. Our ideas and opinions matter to the success of the program.”–Carlos Moreno, Artpace Teen Council Member, 2014–2015
Artpace Teen Council
A nine-month, paid program designed for San Antonio area high school students (15-18 years old) to become advocates for contemporary art and young leaders in their community. Teen Council members work with Artpace staff and artists to develop teen programs, support Artpace events, and create a community-based capstone project at the end of the school year.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017–2018 Artpace Teen Council are now CLOSED. Please look forward to information for the 2018-2019 Artpace Teen Council.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are an area high school student (15-18 years old) living in Bexar County
- Have your own transportation (a ride, the bus, a bike) to Artpace
- Can meet every Tuesday from 5-7pm at Artpace (not on school holidays)
- Are in good academic standing (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Are open-minded, creative, responsible, and enjoy working collaboratively
- Can commit to the Teen Council for one school year (September 2017-May 2018)
- Complete the Artpace Teen Council Application
- Submit a letter of support from a teacher or supervisor
- Submit creative image or photo of something made by you (you don’t have to be an artist…it can be something you’ve written or a screenshot of something you think is interesting)
Throughout the year, the Artpace Teen Council hosts free teen-only events that explore Artpace exhibitions and contemporary ideas. Teen events include artist-led workshops, talks, music, and more.
Find out when the next teen event is happening at Artpace.