16th Annual Artpace Chalk It Up
10:00am - 4:00pm
Date(s) - 10/12/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn more on our Chalk It Up page.
Chalking up downtown San Antonio since 2004!
Bring your family and friends to the 16th annual Artpace Chalk It Up, a free festival of contemporary art that transforms Downtown San Antonio into a gallery – from the ground up.
Artpace Chalk It Up turns Downtown San Antonio into a chalk canvas, showcasing San Antonio-based artists and raising funds for Artpace’s education and public programs. Chalk It Up encourages everyone to become an artist for a day as we work on a collaborative city block-sized mural. Local schools, universities, and non-profits are invited to play a significant role at Chalk It Up by creating an original design together as members of “Team Works.” Registration for Team Works is now open.
Corporations and local businesses get in on the fun too. Learn about sponsorship at artpace.org.
CHALK IT UP ACTIVITIES:
• TEAM WORKS – These school groups go head to head in a mural competition with the ultimate bragging rights on the line. This year, over 80 schools and community groups will create 8′ x 10′ murals solely out of chalk.
• ARTISTS – Chalk It Up artists are always selected locally—they’re some of the city’s best. The talented artists at Chalk It Up create compelling, original murals on downtown sidewalks.
• FOOD TRUCKS – Some of San Antonio’s finest mobile restauranteurs will offer fresh local food to hungry chalk artists of all ages.
• LIVE MUSIC – The Chalk It Up Main Stage sponsored by Argo Group features live music from a range of local musical artists.
• FREESTYLE – Let your creative genius run wild in our Freestyle Zones. We’ll provide buckets of chalk and plenty of blank canvas in the form of downtown’s blank canvas streets; you bring the artwork.
• ACTIVITIES – From Chalk Khan, Chalk It Up’s famous giant chalk spirograph, to chalk portraits and more, Chalk It Up has fun engaging activities for the entire family!
ARTPACE CHALK IT UP IS SPONSORED BY
Main Stage Sponsor Argo Group, Freestyle Sponsor H-E-B, Official Transportation Partner VIA Metropolitan Transit, Centro Park Sponsor Centro San Antonio, Chalk Sponsor Herweck’s Art Supply, KIND Snacks, KRTU 91.7 FM, Majestic & Empire Theatres, Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, San Antonio Startup Week, San Antonio Water System, Texas Public Radio, Whataburger, and Valero Energy.
Thank you sponsors!